DESCRIPTION: The Texas Wheat Producers Board and Association is seeking a summer intern interested in agricultural public relations, communications and education. An intern can expect to learn about the Texas wheat industry while gaining experience in developing educational and promotional materials. This is a paid internship with the opportunity for course credit (a special project may be required).
DUTIES: The scope of duties includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Research and write a weekly market report
- Develop promotional materials to communicate Texas Wheat initiatives
- Maintain social media presence on all Texas Wheat platforms
- Update Texas Wheat website and manage harvest reports
- Maintain correspondence with Association members
- Compile photographs for Texas Wheat database
- Attend Texas Wheat Board meeting (May and/or August), as schedule permits.
- Assist with other duties as assigned
The intern will report to the Director of Communications/Producer Relations, as well as other Texas Wheat staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: Students applying for this position must be enrolled in an accredited college or university. A degree in agricultural communications/marketing is preferred, but not required. Applicants should have strong verbal and written communication skills and experience in writing, design and copy editing, AP Style preferred. Experience with Adobe design software – InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator – is required. Demonstrated leadership, strong work ethic and the ability to work efficiently without supervision are a plus.
TERM: The internship will be available May through August for 20-40 hours per week, at the discretion of the selected intern. Start/end dates and hours are flexible.
- Application due by close of business on Friday, April 7.
- Interviews will be the week of April 17th, unless otherwise stated.
- The internship is located in Amarillo, hourly paid and college credit is available.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit a résumé and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business (5 p.m.) on Friday, April 7. Examples of writing, photography, and/or design work are also welcome, but not required. Please list names and contact information for three references. Application must be in PDF format. For questions, contact the Texas Wheat office at 806-352-2191 or email email@example.com